Edgemont Union Free School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Edgemont Union Free School District, serving 1,064 students. Public elementary schools in Edgemont Union Free School District have an average math proficiency score of 82% (versus the New York public elementary school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 81% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 10/10, which is in the top 10% of public elementary schools in New York.
- Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the New York public elementary school average of 58% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the New York public elementary school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Edgemont Union Free School District|
|School District Website||http://www.edgemont.org|
|School District Phone Number||(914) 472-7768|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||3,639 Schools|
|# of Students||1,064 Students||1,884,869 Students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teachers||145,154 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
- Edgemont Union Free School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 750 school districts in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#64 out of 787 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||13,644 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||374 Students||174,552 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||91 Students||528,938 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||17 Students||330,182 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||496 Students||783,244 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||4,837 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||85 Students||49,472 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||49,134|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||143||188,393|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||144||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||136||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||155||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||152||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||169||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||153||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||170,338|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||167,827|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||22,894|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||21,746|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||18,773|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||18,467|
|# of Ungraded Students:||12||28,474|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $27,737 in this school district is less than the state median of $36,800. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $30,424 is less than the state median of $35,944. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$56 MM||$34 MM|
|Spending||$61 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$27,737||$36,800|
|Revenue / Student||$30,424||$35,944|
Edgemont Union Free School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.