Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District, serving 718 students. Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in New York.
- public school in Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District have a diversity score of 0.41, which is less than the New York public school average of 0.71.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York public school average of 57% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is more than the New York public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District|
|School District Website||http://www.emhcharter.org|
|School District Phone Number||(585) 544-6170|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 11|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||1 School||4,796 Schools|
|# of Students||718 Students||2,697,340 Students|
|# of Teachers||31 Teachers||204,832 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||13:1|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||18,915 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||250,784 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||527 Students||726,968 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||174 Students||462,099 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||12 Students||1,167,330 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||6,859 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||64,385 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||51,929|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||105||192,603|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||109||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||73||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||75||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||54||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||55||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||49||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||55||197,065|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||52||198,053|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||39||218,199|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||52||211,573|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||194,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||193,423|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||41,125|
Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Eugenio Maria De Hostos Charter School 27 Zimbrich St
Rochester, NY 14621
Grades: K-10 | 718 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.