Westminster Community Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Westminster Community Charter School District serving 551 students in Buffalo, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Westminster Community Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Buffalo Westminster Community Charter School 24 Westminster Ave
Buffalo, NY 14240
Grades: K-8 | 551 students
|School District Name||Westminster Community Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||551 students|
|# of Teachers||55 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||268 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||283 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||18 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||19 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||499 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||57|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||65|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Westminster Community Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.