Newberry Elementary School
- Newberry Elementary School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Newberry Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1578 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tahquamenon Area s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newberry Newberry High School Grades: 7-12 | 317 students
700 Newberry Ave
Newberry, MI 49868
(906)293-3243 0.0 7-12 317
- Curtis Three Lakes Academy Grades: K-12 | 101 students
W17540 Main St
Curtis, MI 49820
(906)586-6631 15.5 K-12 101
- Engadine Engadine Schools Grades: K-12 | 266 students
W 13920 Melville St Engadine M
Engadine, MI 49827
(906)477-6313 16.5 K-12 266
- Paradise Whitefish Township School Grades: K-12 | 32 students
7221 North M 123
Paradise, MI 49768
(906)492-3353 21.3 K-12 32
- Grand Marais Burt Township School Grades: K-12 | 26 students
27 Colwell Ave
Grand Marais, MI 49839
(906)494-2521 31.3 K-12 26
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.