Newhope Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 375 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 47% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 47% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
47% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 47% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Newhope Elementary School?
375 students attend Newhope Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Newhope Elementary School students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Asian, 2% of students are White, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Newhope Elementary School?
Newhope Elementary School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Newhope Elementary School offer ?
Newhope Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Newhope Elementary School part of?
Newhope Elementary School is part of Garden Grove Unified School District.
Review Newhope Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities