Nixon Elementary School
Nixon Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Nixon Elementary School's student population of 333 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nixon Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,239 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#797 out of 1239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cedar Rapids Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hiawatha Hiawatha Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 416 students
603 Emmons St
Hiawatha, IA 52233
(319)558-2172 0.6 PK-5 416
- Cedar Rapids John F Kennedy High School Grades: 9-12 | 1795 students
4545 Wenig Rd Ne
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319)558-2251 1.4 9-12 1795
- Cedar Rapids Pierce Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 382 students
4343 Marilyn Dr Ne
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319)558-2373 1.5 K-5 382
- Robins Westfield Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 548 students
901 E Main St
Robins, IA 52328
(319)447-3350 1.8 K-5 548
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.