Hiawatha Elementary School
Hiawatha Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Hiawatha Elementary School's student population of 416 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hiawatha Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#889 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cedar Rapids Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hiawatha Nixon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 333 students
200 Nixon Dr
Hiawatha, IA 52233
(319) 558-2188 0.6 PK-5 333
- Cedar Rapids John F Kennedy High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,795 student
4545 Wenig Rd Ne
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319) 558-2251 1.0 9-12 1,795
- Cedar Rapids Pierce Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 382 students
4343 Marilyn Dr Ne
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
(319) 558-2373 1.1 K-5 382
- Cedar Rapids Viola Gibson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 578 students
6101 Gibson Dr Ne
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
(319) 558-2920 1.8 PK-5 578
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.