Craven County Schools School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public high schools in Craven County Schools School District, serving 4,112 students.
- Public high school in Craven County School School District have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the North Carolina public high school average of 45%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 51% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 50% of public high schools in North Carolina.
- public high school in Craven County School School District have a Graduation Rate of 85%, which is less than the North Carolina average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Havelock High School, with 91% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in North Carolina or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the North Carolina public high school average of 49% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the North Carolina public high school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Craven County Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cravenk12.org|
|School District Phone Number||(252)514-6300|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 13|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||687 Schools|
|# of Students||4,112 Students||521,078 Students|
|# of Teachers||239 Teachers||31,940 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
- Craven County Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 188 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85% has decreased from 86% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||13 Students||6,729 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||177 Students||15,652 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||387 Students||78,903 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,212 Students||132,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,182 Students||267,958 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||8 Students||627 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||192 Students||20,531 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||489|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||4,106|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||4,186|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||4,251|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||4,206|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,283|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||4,665|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||7,718|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||7,972|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||7,981|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,179||130,053|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,027||120,963|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||998||114,911|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||908||105,294|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,108 is higher than the state average of $9,334. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,217 is less than the state average of $9,122. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$167 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$124 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,108||$9,334|
|Spending / Student||$8,217||$9,122|
Craven County Schools School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Craven Early College High School 800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Grades: 9-13 | 181 students
- Early College East High School 104 Middle School Lane
Havelock, NC 28532
Grades: 9-13 | 163 students
- New Bern High School 4200 Academic Drive
New Bern, NC 28562
Grades: 9-12 | 1,710 student
- West Craven High School 2600 Streets Ferry Road
Vanceboro, NC 28586
Grades: 9-12 | 981 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.