North Central High School
- North Central High School's student population of 302 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Central High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1327 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northeast School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shelburn Northeast Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 192 students
620 North Washington Street
Shelburn, IN 47879
(812) 397-5390 3.0 6-8 192
- Hymera Northeast East Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 139 students
502 N Vine St
Hymera, IN 47855
(812) 383-4671 5.5 PK-5 139
- Sullivan Sullivan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 620 students
351 W Frakes St
Sullivan, IN 47882
(812) 268-3341 7.9 PK-5 620
- Sullivan Sullivan Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 293 students
415 W Frakes St
Sullivan, IN 47882
(812) 268-4000 7.9 6-8 293
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.