North Woods Elementary School
- North Woods Elementary School's student population of 247 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Woods Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#780 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Louis County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Britt Laurentian Environmental Center Grades: 7-12
8950 Peppard Rd
Britt, MN 55710
(888)749-1288 16.1 7-12 n/a
- Nett Lake Nett Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
13090 Westley Dr
Nett Lake, MN 55772
(218)757-3102 21.0 PK-6 58
- Tower Tower-soudan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 83 students
415 N 2nd St
Tower, MN 55790
(218)753-4040 24.1 PK-6 83
- Mountain Iron Merritt Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 296 students
5529 Emerald Ave
Mountain Iron, MN 55768
(218)735-8271 27.3 PK-6 296
- Mountain Iron Northeast Service Cooperative Oll Grades: 9-12
5525 Emerald Ave
Mountain Iron, MN 55768
(218)741-0750 27.3 9-12 n/a
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.