Northern Heights Elementary School
- Northern Heights Elementary School's student population of 376 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||376 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Heights Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#848 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bellingham School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellingham Silver Beach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 457 students
4101 Academy St
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)676-6443 1.1 PK-5 457
- Bellingham Roosevelt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 397 students
2900 Yew St
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)676-6440 1.5 PK-5 397
- Bellingham Visions (seamar Youth Center) Grades: 6-12 | 28 students
1603 E Illinois St
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360)676-2787 1.8 6-12 28
- Bellingham Geneva Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 462 students
1401 Geneva St
Bellingham, WA 98229
(360)676-6416 2.6 PK-5 462
Nearby Homes for Sale
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.