Norwood Street Elementary School
Norwood Street Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Norwood Street Elementary School's student population of 506 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Norwood Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7699 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school and middle school to Norwood Street Elementary School is Alliance Gertz-ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Global Education Academy 2 (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Global Education Academy 2 Grades: K-5 | 143 students
1717 Seventh Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323) 537-7225 0.0 K-5 143
- Los Angeles Alliance Gertz-ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex Grades: 6-12 | 977 students
2023 S. Union Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 745-8141 0.2 6-12 977
- Los Angeles Frank Lanterman Grades: 6-12 | 52 students
2328 Saint James Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(213) 749-8310 0.2 6-12 52
- Los Angeles Alliance Alice M. Baxter College-ready High School Grades: 9-12 | 342 students
461 W. 9th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(310) 221-0430 0.4 9-12 342
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.