Oak Grove High School
Oak Grove High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Oak Grove High School's student population of 643 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||643 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Grove High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1098 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oak Grove R-vi School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Grove Oak Grove Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 428 students
501 Se 12th St
Oak Grove, MO 64075
(816)690-4153 0.0 3-5 428
- Oak Grove Oak Grove Primary Grades: PK-2 | 466 students
500 Se 17th
Oak Grove, MO 64075
(816)690-8770 0.4 PK-2 466
- Grain Valley Matthews Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 466 students
144 Mcquerry Rd
Grain Valley, MO 64029
(816)229-4870 4.1 K-5 466
My child has been a student with the Oak Grove district since kindergarten and currently attends at the high school level. We could not be more pleased with the education they have received. The high quality of academic programs and small student/teacher ratios have definitely benefited them in their educational career. Our fine arts programs are outstanding. We have an award winning marching band under the same directors for the past ten plus years. We have a wide variety of athletic programs to choose from for the fall and spring seasons. In addition, this is our second year for boys and girls soccer. We have many other extracurricular programs for students not interested in athletics or fine arts, too numerous to mention. (They are all listed on our website.) Our campus is in the heart of the community with all buildings, K-12, in very close proximity to the others. This allows our high school students, who belong to the A+ program, to be able to walk to the lower grade level buildings for A+ tutoring/mentoring. All buildings are up-to-date and easily accessible. The level of parent involvement is unbelievable. In addition, on the flip-side, the administrators and faculty welcome parent input in all facets of their student's education. I would highly recommend the Oak Grove School District to anyone living or moving to the eastern Jackson County area. The Oak Grove community works hand in hand with any needs of our district as well. It's a great little place to live.
- Posted by Parent - itsda
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.