Oak View Elementary School serves 501 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Oak View Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the Indiana state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 34% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 501 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 17%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 66% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Oak View Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Oak View Elementary School's student population of 501 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Oak View Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Oak View Elementary School is 0.31, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#200 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Oak View Elementary School's ranking?
Oak View Elementary School is ranked #200 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
66% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 55% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Oak View Elementary School?
501 students attend Oak View Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
83% of Oak View Elementary School students are White, 6% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Hispanic, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Oak View Elementary School?
Oak View Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is equal to the Indiana state average of 16:1.
What grades does Oak View Elementary School offer ?
Oak View Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Oak View Elementary School part of?
Oak View Elementary School is part of Northwest Allen County Schools School District.
Review Oak View Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.