Great Western Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public charter school in Great Western Academy School District, serving 721 students.
- Public charter school in Great Western Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Ohio public charter school average of 34%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 40% statewide average). This district's average charter school ranking is in the top 50% of public charter schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio public charter school average of 63% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the Ohio public charter school average of 20:1.
|School District Name||Great Western Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://imagineschoolsgwa.org/home/|
|School District Phone Number||(614) 276-1028|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||341 Schools|
|# of Students||721 Students||113,392 Students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teachers||5,417 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||20:1|
- Great Western Academy School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 322 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||243 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||21 Students||1,167 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||210 Students||9,019 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||265 Students||53,183 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||175 Students||42,465 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||104 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||48 Students||7,083 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||78|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||80||9,430|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84||8,619|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||93||8,529|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||109||9,085|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79||7,947|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||88||8,213|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74||8,207|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||63||7,859|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51||8,194|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||9,627|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||8,808|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||9,142|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||9,604|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||50|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,310 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,306 is less than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,310||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$8,306||$11,659|
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.