Near West Intergenerational School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Near West Intergenerational School District, serving 236 students.
- Public middle school in Near West Intergenerational School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the Ohio public middle school average of 58%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 50% of public middle schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio public middle school average of 35% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Ohio public middle school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Near West Intergenerational School District|
|School District Website||http://www.nearwestschool.org|
|School District Phone Number||(216) 961-4308|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,177 Schools|
|# of Students||236 Students||558,934 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||32,487 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
- Near West Intergenerational School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 807 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||783 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||10,414 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||62 Students||34,889 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||87 Students||121,528 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||69 Students||362,672 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||447 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 Students||28,137 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,339|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||44||14,299|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||40||13,494|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||25||13,905|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||37||15,972|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||35||15,479|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26||31,222|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18||89,431|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||5||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||28,444|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||26,375|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||23,804|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,408|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,982 is higher than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,789 is higher than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,982||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$13,789||$11,659|
Near West Intergenerational School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Near West Intergenerational School 3805 Terrett Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113
Grades: K-8 | 236 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.