Ohlone Elementary School
Ohlone Elementary School serves 567 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Ohlone Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 83% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 78% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is lower than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
Ohlone Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Ohlone Elementary School's student population of 567 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ohlone Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Ohlone Elementary School is 0.70, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#418 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Ohlone Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.