Top Oklahoma Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top alternative public schools in Oklahoma, serving 58 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 72% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Top Oklahoma Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Granite Lakeside School 1700 E 1st St
Granite, OK 73547
Grades: n/a | n/a students
- Manitou Oya Charter Manitou 9th-12th 300 S Broadway
Manitou, OK 73555
Grades: 9-12 | 58 students
- Tecumseh Oya Charter Tecumseh 6th-8th 700 S 9th St
Tecumseh, OK 74873
Grades: 6-8 | n/a students
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.