David Douglas 40 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in David Douglas 40 School District, serving 2,422 students.
- Public middle school in David Douglas 40 School District have an average math proficiency score of 43% (versus the Oregon public middle school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 53% (versus the 55% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 50% of public middle schools in Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is more than the Oregon public middle school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is less than the Oregon public middle school average of 20:1.
|School District Name||David Douglas 40 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ddouglas.k12.or.us|
|School District Phone Number||(503)252-2900|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||456 Schools|
|# of Students||2,422 Students||179,525 Students|
|# of Teachers||128 Teachers||9,104 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||20:1|
- David Douglas 40 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 186 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 71% has increased from 69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||23 Students||2,875 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||355 Students||6,858 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||631 Students||37,182 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||289 Students||4,590 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||915 Students||115,429 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||47 Students||1,197 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||162 Students||11,343 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||5,166|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||5,465|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||5,473|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||5,706|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||6,332|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||6,877|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||837||38,164|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||771||43,777|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||814||43,914|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||4,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||4,374|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||4,731|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,356|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,183 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,612 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$110 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$115 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,183||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$10,612||$11,381|
David Douglas 40 School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.