Woodburn SD 103 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public charter school managed by Woodburn SD 103 School District serving 162 students in Woodburn, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is less than the state average of 20:1.
Woodburn SD 103 School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Woodburn Woodburn Arthur Academy 575 Gatch St
Woodburn, OR 97071
Grades: K-5 | 162 students
|School District Name||Woodburn SD 103 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||5,631 students|
|# of Teachers||270 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||2,823 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,808 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||11 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4,585 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||26 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||947 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||10 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||37 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||459|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||448|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||482|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||506|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||484|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||486|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||456|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||388|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||400|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||415|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||384|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||359|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||364|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Woodburn SD 103 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 58% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,367 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,006 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$60 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$58 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,367||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$10,006||$11,381|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.