Orlando Science Elementary Charter
Top Placements (Florida)
Orlando Science Elementary Charter is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Orlando Science Elementary Charter's student population of 490 students has grown by 111% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 128% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Orlando Science Elementary Charter is ranked within the top 5% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Orlando Science Elementary Charter is Orange School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Orange School District's student population of 196,724 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,867 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,787 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|School District Name||Orange School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||196,724||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,806 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,792 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,867||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$9,787||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Orlando Science Middle High Charter Grades: 6-12 | 566 students
2427 Lynx Ln
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)253-7304 0.1 6-12 566
- Orlando Lake Silver Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 680 students
2401 N Rio Grande Ave
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)245-1850 0.6 PK-5 680
- Orlando Silver Star Center Grades: 6-12 | 18 students
4000 Silver Star Rd
Orlando, FL 32808
(407)521-2330 0.6 6-12 18
- Ocoee Kids Community College Charter Grades: K-5 | 241 students
1475 E Silver Star Rd
Ocoee, FL 34761
(407)982-2421 0.9 K-5 241
- Orlando Robert E Lee Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 942 students
1201 Maury Rd
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)245-1800 1.1 6-8 942
Nearby Homes for Sale
Cell phone policies are changing at schools across the country, and some are even embracing the technology to enhance the learning experience or improve student safety.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.