Owen County Elementary/primary School
- Owen County Elementary/primary School's student population of 751 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||751 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Owen County Elementary/primary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#604 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Owen County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owenton Maurice Bowling Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 610 students
2380 Hwy 22 E
Owenton, KY 40359
(502) 484-5701 0.0 5-8 610
- Owenton Owen County High School Grades: 9-12 | 569 students
2340 Hwy 22 E
Owenton, KY 40359
(502) 484-5509 0.4 9-12 569
- Williamstown Mason-corinth Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 342 students
225 Heekin Rd.
Williamstown, KY 41097
(859) 824-9510 13.0 PK-5 342
- Pleasureville Eastern Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 205 students
6928 Bethlehem Rd
Pleasureville, KY 40057
(502) 845-8640 14.3 K-5 205
- Dry Ridge Grant County High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,072 student
715 Warsaw Road
Dry Ridge, KY 41035
(859) 824-9739 14.8 9-12 1,072
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.