Oxford Elementary School
- Oxford Elementary School's student population of 290 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oxford Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2465 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Berkeley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Cragmont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 399 students
830 Regal Rd.
Berkeley, CA 94708
(510)644-8810 0.4 K-5 399
- Berkeley Martin Luther King Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1024 students
1781 Rose St.
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)644-6280 0.7 6-8 1024
- Berkeley Berkeley Arts Magnet At Whittier Grades: K-5 | 442 students
1645 Milvia St.
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510)644-6225 0.8 K-5 442
- Berkeley Thousand Oaks Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 423 students
840 Colusa Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94707
(510)644-6368 0.8 K-5 423
- Berkeley Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 408 students
1400 Ada St.
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)644-6298 1.1 K-5 408
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.