P.S. 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler
P.S. 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- P.S. 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler's student population of 1,491 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 90 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,491 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2141 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #27 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ozone Park John Adams High School Grades: 9-12 | 2138 students
101-01 Rockaway Blvd
Ozone Park, NY 11417
(718)322-0666 0.4 9-12 2138
- South Ozone Park P.S. 100 Glen Morris Grades: PK-5 | 972 students
111-11 118th St
South Ozone Park, NY 11420
(718)843-8390 0.5 PK-5 972
- Ozone Park P.S. 65 Raymond York Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 463 students
103-22 99th St
Ozone Park, NY 11417
(718)323-1685 0.6 K-5 463
This school meets all of my kids needs. They test the children after the initial test of the chapter so they don`t forget, like most other schools. They have therapy for children who are emotionally unstable. They have Student council where children vote for a child in their class to lead them and the rest of the school to make certain decisions. That starts at 3rd grade and goes all the way to 5th. They have healthy lunches that the students seem to enjoy. They have cozy corners in every class room so when children get emotional they let out their emotions there. They use textbooks but they also make their own curriculum. They have recess and they have superb staff. At the beginning of the year they teach all the kids what to do if someone is choking or being bullied. They have multiple field trips every year. They have chess and card games there. Overall, This is a great school! Take your kid there!
- Posted by Parent - Alimak
This school stinks!. Severely overcrowded, rude staff and never wants to be held accountable for their errors. Do yourself a favor and keep your child as far away from this school as possible.
- Posted by Parent - coccina
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.