P.S. 194 Countee Cullen
P.S. 194 Countee Cullen places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- P.S. 194 Countee Cullen's student population of 231 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 194 Countee Cullen is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3968 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District # 5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to P.S. 194 Countee Cullen is Harlem Village Academy Charter School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Harlem Village Academy Charter School Grades: K-12 | 932 students
244 W 144 St-4th Fl
New York, NY 10027
(646)812-9298 0.0 K-12 932
- New York P.S. 123 Mahalia Jackson Grades: PK-8 | 477 students
301 W 140th St
New York, NY 10030
(212)342-6200 0.2 PK-8 477
- New York Frederick Douglass Academy Grades: 6-12 | 1,360 student
2581 7th Ave
New York, NY 10039
(212)491-4107 0.3 6-12 1,360
- New York Global Community Charter School Grades: K-5 | 415 students
2350 5th Ave
New York, NY 10037
(646)360-2363 0.3 K-5 415
- New York P.S. 200 James Mccune Smith School Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
2589 7th Ave
New York, NY 10039
(212)491-6636 0.3 PK-5 390
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.