P.S. 203 Floyd Bennett School
P.S. 203 Floyd Bennett School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- P.S. 203 Floyd Bennett School's student population of 775 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||775 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 203 Floyd Bennett School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3157 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #22 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Junior High School 78 Roy H Mann Grades: 6-8 | 587 students
1420 E 68th St
Brooklyn, NY 11234
(718)763-4701 0.7 6-8 587
- Brooklyn P.S. 119 Amersfort Grades: PK-5 | 431 students
3829 Ave K
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718)377-7696 0.7 PK-5 431
- Brooklyn Success Academy Cs - Bergen Beach Grades: K-3 | 387 students
1420 E 68th St-3rd Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11234
(347)817-2017 0.7 K-3 387
When I first came to this school In the 2nd grade I knew no one ,and when your a young 7 year old girl that's pretty scary but as I kept going day by day I felt better and the amazingly kind teachers really were a big part in that and over this 4yr period at 203 I gained Many friends as I also gained a lot of knowledge and as I kept my grades up and teachers helped me in the end I graduated as class of 2012 ,and went into 6th grade with all honor classes ,and at this time I'm going to high school and I believe that ps203 really helped me with the base of education and I thank them for that . So,I would highly recommend this school they are nurturing with the special needs kids,help misbehaving kids,and actually care about you.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sassy
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.