Pearl Street Center
Pearl Street Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Pearl Street Center's student population of 11 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pearl Street Center's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tacoma School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Day Reporting School Grades: 9-12 | 23 students
5501 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406
(253) 571-2670 0.3 9-12 23
- Tacoma Remann Hall Juvenile Detention Center Grades: 5-12 | 25 students
5501 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA 98406
(253) 571-2670 0.3 5-12 25
- Tacoma Wainwright Grades: 4-7 | 390 students
130 Alameda Ave
Tacoma, WA 98466
(253) 571-2152 0.7 4-7 390
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.