Phoebe A. Hearst Elementary School
Phoebe A. Hearst Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Phoebe A. Hearst Elementary School's student population of 672 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||672 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Phoebe A. Hearst Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 32:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#188 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sacramento City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Kit Carson International Academy Grades: 7-12 | 509 students
5301 N St.
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916) 277-6750 0.5 7-12 509
- Sacramento Tahoe Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 358 students
3110 60th St.
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916) 277-6360 0.8 K-6 358
- Sacramento Caleb Greenwood Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 501 students
5457 Carlson Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916) 277-6266 1.3 K-6 501
- Sacramento David Lubin Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 567 students
3535 M St.
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 277-6271 1.7 K-6 567
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.