Pine View School
Pine View School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Pine View School's student population of 1,967 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 120 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school / Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||1,967 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pine View School is ranked within the top 1% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sarasota School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Imagine School At Palmer Ranch Grades: PK-8 | 474 students
6220 Mcintosh Rd
Sarasota, FL 34238
(941)257-1124 5.1 PK-8 474
- Sarasota Gulf Gate Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 720 students
6500 S Lockwood Ridge Rd
Sarasota, FL 34231
(941)361-6499 5.2 PK-5 720
- Venice Island Village Montessori School Grades: K-12 | 667 students
2001 Pinebrook Rd
Venice, FL 34292
(941)484-4999 5.9 K-12 667
- Sarasota Ashton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 999 students
5110 Ashton Rd
Sarasota, FL 34233
(941)361-6440 6.1 PK-5 999
As the parent of 2 students currently at Pineview, I couldn't be happier to have my children in a challenging progressive involved school. When I hear the horror stories from friends and relatives around the state with what goes on in other schools, I feel even more blessed that we found this gem of a school. Kids couldn't be happier and well adjusted.
- Posted by Parent - Alan
I agree with the comments about poor quality of life at Pine View. We had 3 children attend for several years. The school excels at academics, to the detriment of everything else. I want my children to be challenged, yes - but also to feel supported and empowered by their teachers. I want them entering college with excitement, not burned out. The school prioritizes its own ranking/reputation well above the needs of its students; we saw consistent examples of this throughout their time there. So sad. It's an amazing place for the self-motivated student who is bright in all subject areas, does not participate in many outside activities, who has thick skin, and who wants to be #1 above all else. It was not the experience we wanted for our children.
- Posted by Parent - patty
I have two boys enrolled here. There are both good and bad teachers but the academics are first class. it's easier to get in than stay. Lots of work = lots of reward. Kids go here to be with their own kind and NOT get bullied. The students are amazing, friendly and make a serious effort to help those younger. Your gifted child will thrive here.
- Posted by Parent - anisq
Its the BEST!!!!! MY TWO DAUGHTERS GRADUATED FROM THIS AWESOME SCHOOL!!,<3.. They are both Engineering students.. One at Vanderbilt with Chemical Engineering and the other at Tulane with Biomedical Engineering!
- Posted by Parent - bajem
Pine View is technically an amazing school, with various opportunities, high parent involvement, a superior education, etc. However, something needs to be said about the quality of life of a Pine View student. I attended the school from 2nd to 12th grade, and I can tell you easily that I would not recommend it. The high competition, high stress, and low quality of life of a student here is shameful. More emphasis is placed on attaining a perfect GPA than maintaining sanity. It is not worth the trouble.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lizbl
I moved my kids across the country to attend this school and what a disappointment. Administration was very anti-parent in my opinion and the level of bullying was tenfold what I ever observed in public school. Some teachers were good and some were bullies themselves. A big costly mistake.
- Posted by Parent - tanne