Pittman Elementary School
Pittman Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Pittman Elementary School's student population of 148 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pittman Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1834 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Halifax County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Enfield Enfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 223 students
13723 Hwy 481
Enfield, NC 27823
(252)445-5502 6.7 6-8 223
- Enfield Inborden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 304 students
13587 Hwy 481
Enfield, NC 27823
(252)445-3525 7.5 PK-5 304
- Littleton Aurelian Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 304 students
10536 Hwy 48
Littleton, NC 27850
(252)586-4944 7.7 PK-5 304
- Halifax Weldon Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 191 students
4489 Highway 301
Halifax, NC 27839
(252)536-2571 10.9 5-8 191
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.