Pleasant Grove Elementary School
- Pleasant Grove Elementary School's student population of 728 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pleasant Grove Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#783 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bessemer Jefferson Co Couns And Learning Ctr-west Grades: K-12
131 Dabbs Avenue
Bessemer, AL 35023
(205)379-4130 2.4 K-12 n/a
- Birmingham Wylam Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
701 Erie Street
Birmingham, AL 35224
(205)231-6800 3.3 PK-8 437
- Fairfield Glen Oaks Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 324 students
1301 Highland Dr
Fairfield, AL 35064
(205)783-6837 3.4 K-6 324
- Bessemer Hueytown High School Grades: 9-12 | 1116 students
4881 15th Street Road
Bessemer, AL 35023
(205)379-4150 3.4 9-12 1116
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.