Portal Middle/High School
- Portal Middle/High School's student population of 427 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||427 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Portal Middle/High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#836 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bulloch County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portal Portal Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 379 students
328 Grady St S
Portal, GA 30450
(912)842-8340 1.7 PK-5 379
- Statesboro William James Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 657 students
18809 Us Highway 80 W
Statesboro, GA 30458
(912)212-8820 5.9 6-8 657
- Twin City Twin City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 614 students
162 Parrish Pond Rd
Twin City, GA 30471
(478)763-2253 11.0 PK-5 614
- Metter Metter Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 596 students
33661 Ga Highway 129 S
Metter, GA 30439
(912)685-5050 11.2 PK-2 596
- Statesboro Mattie Lively Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 588 students
204 Debbie Dr
Statesboro, GA 30458
(912)212-8760 11.4 PK-5 588
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.