Prairie Hill Elementary School
Prairie Hill Elementary School serves 424 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Prairie Hill Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Illinois state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
Prairie Hill Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Prairie Hill Elementary School's student population of 424 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Prairie Hill Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Prairie Hill Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#348 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Prairie Hill Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.