Prairie Vista Elementary School
Prairie Vista Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Prairie Vista Elementary School's student population of 512 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prairie Vista Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#13 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granger Northpoint Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 638 students
50800 Cherry Rd
Granger, IN 46530
(574) 271-8598 2.4 K-5 638
- Granger Mary Frank Harris Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 425 students
13111 Adams Rd
Granger, IN 46530
(574) 272-0340 2.6 PK-5 425
- Mishawaka Walt Disney Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 523 students
4015 N Filbert Rd
Mishawaka, IN 46545
(574) 259-2486 2.9 K-5 523
- South Bend Tarkington Traditional Center Grades: K-4 | 351 students
3414 Hepler Rd
South Bend, IN 46635
(574) 393-3600 3.2 K-4 351
This school does not have a classroom ratio of 17-1, this past year for K class the ratio is 29-1. Teachers are overwhelmed due to size. Great teachers and very supportive.
- Posted by Parent - Rutla
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.