Princess Anne Elementary School
Princess Anne Elementary School serves 615 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Princess Anne Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 94% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 89% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 54% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 615 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 30%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in VA
- Math Proficiency: 94% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 89% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), VA Dept. of Education
Princess Anne Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Princess Anne Elementary School's student population of 615 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 42% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Princess Anne Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Princess Anne Elementary School is 0.49, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#174 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), VA Dept. of Education
Review Princess Anne Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.