Project Chrysalis Middle School
Project Chrysalis Middle School serves 263 students in grades 6-8.
Project Chrysalis Middle School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 85% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 71% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Project Chrysalis Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Project Chrysalis Middle School's student population of 263 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Project Chrysalis Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Project Chrysalis Middle School is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#324 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Project Chrysalis Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.