Raceland Upper Elementary School
- Raceland Upper Elementary School's student population of 363 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Raceland Upper Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#553 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lafourche Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raceland Raceland Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 353 students
3737 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985)537-5140 0.1 6-8 353
- Raceland Raceland Lower Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 438 students
144 Bowie Road
Raceland, LA 70394
(985)537-6837 0.6 PK-2 438
- Thibodaux Bayou Boeuf Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 288 students
4138 Hwy 307
Thibodaux, LA 70301
(985)633-2352 4.0 PK-5 288
- Houma Bayou Blue Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 444 students
196 Mazerac Street
Houma, LA 70364
(985)851-1952 7.5 4-8 444
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.