Ranger High Technical Academy
Ranger High Technical Academy serves 90 students in grades 4-7.
Ranger High Technical Academy placed in the top 10% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 85-89% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 63%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80-84% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is lower than the Ohio state average of 30% (majority Black).
Ranger High Technical Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ranger High Technical Academy is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,233 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Ranger High Technical Academy is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 1985-1986 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#321 out of 3233 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 1985-1986 (latest school year available) NCES, OH Dept. of Education
Review Ranger High Technical Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Are the Three Rs Robbing our Children?
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Philadelphia Public Schools Explore the Options of “Community Schools”
Philadelphia continues to explore the community school option as a way of maximizing resources for students. What is a community school and what are its benefits?
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.