MET Career and Tech School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by MET Career and Tech School District serving 803 students in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Rhode Island state average of 41%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
MET Career and Tech School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Providence Metropolitan Career Technical Center 325 Public Street
Providence, RI 02905
Grades: 9-12 | 803 students
|School District Name||MET Career and Tech School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||803 students|
|# of Teachers||67 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||345 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||458 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||357 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||104 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||275 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||46 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||207|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||206|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- MET Career and Tech School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 57 school districts in Rhode Island (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (RI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Special education law is not easy to decipher, with several regulations that govern special education services for disabled students. In this article, learn about the core components of the laws, rights, and individual education plans that can help create the best public school environment for your child.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.