Rockyford School - 03
Rockyford School - 03 places among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Rockyford School - 03's student population of 404 students has grown by 42% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 68% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||404 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rockyford School - 03 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 617 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oglala Lakota County 65-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kyle Little Wound School Grades: K-12
Po Box 500
Kyle, SD 57752
(605)455-6150 16.2 K-12 n/a
- Manderson Wounded Knee District School Grades: K-8
Po Box 350
Manderson, SD 57756
(605)455-6350 17.4 K-8 n/a
- Porcupine Porcupine Day School Grades: K-8
Po Box 180
Porcupine, SD 57772
(605)867-5588 18.2 K-8 n/a
- Oglala Loneman Day School Grades: K-8
Po Box 50
Oglala, SD 57764
(605)867-6875 23.4 K-8 n/a
- Pine Ridge Pine Ridge School Grades: K-12
Po Box 1202
Pine Ridge, SD 57770
(605)867-5193 28.4 K-12 n/a
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.