Running Brook Elementary School
- Running Brook Elementary School's student population of 497 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||497 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Running Brook Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#817 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Wilde Lake High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,274 student
5460 Trumpeter Rd
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 313-6965 1.0 9-12 1,274
- Columbia Wilde Lake Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 610 students
10481 Cross Fox Ln
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 313-6957 1.2 6-8 610
- Columbia Talbott Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 491 students
9550 Basket Ring Rd
Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 313-6915 1.3 PK-5 491
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.