Rye Cove Intermediate
Rye Cove Intermediate places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Rye Cove Intermediate's student population of 165 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-7|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rye Cove Intermediate is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#142 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scott County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duffield Rye Cove High School Grades: 8-12 | 258 students
164 Eagles Nest Lane
Duffield, VA 24244
(276) 940-2701 0.2 8-12 258
- Duffield Duffield-pattonsville Primary Grades: PK-4 | 293 students
663 Duffield-pattonsville High
Duffield, VA 24244
(276) 431-2244 6.4 PK-4 293
- Dungannon Dungannon Intermediate Grades: 4-7 | 68 students
113 Fifth Avenue, Highway 65 A
Dungannon, VA 24245
(276) 467-2281 7.0 4-7 68
- Fort Blackmore Fort Blackmore Primary Grades: K-3 | 75 students
214 Big Stoney Creek Road
Fort Blackmore, VA 24250
(276) 995-2471 7.0 K-3 75
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.