- Duffield-pattonsville Primary's student population of 293 students has declined by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Duffield-pattonsville Primary is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#546 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scott County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duffield Rye Cove High School Grades: 8-12 | 258 students
164 Eagles Nest Lane
Duffield, VA 24244
(276)940-2701 6.4 8-12 258
- Duffield Rye Cove Intermediate Grades: 5-7 | 165 students
158 Memorial School Lane
Duffield, VA 24244
(276)940-2322 6.4 5-7 165
- Pennington Gap Elk Knob Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
148 Hornet Loop
Pennington Gap, VA 24277
(276)546-1837 8.7 PK-5 368
- Dryden Dryden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 319 students
176 School House Ridge Road
Dryden, VA 24243
(276)546-4443 9.0 PK-5 319
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.