Salem Middle School
Salem Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Salem Middle School's student population of 1,109 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,109 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Salem Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#237 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wake County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Apex Salem Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 585 students
6116 Old Jenks Road
Apex, NC 27523
(919)363-2865 0.3 PK-5 585
- Cary Davis Drive Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 996 students
2151 Davis Drive
Cary, NC 27519
(919)387-2130 1.5 K-5 996
- Apex Laurel Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 967 students
2450 Laura Duncan Rd
Apex, NC 27523
(919)290-2333 1.5 PK-5 967
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.