Salisbury High School
- Salisbury High School's student population of 842 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||842 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Salisbury High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,555 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2167 out of 2555 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rowan-Salisbury Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Henderson High School Grades: 6-12 | 71 students
1215 North Main St
Salisbury, NC 28144
(704)639-3134 1.8 6-12 71
- Salisbury Overton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 385 students
1825 Park Rd W
Salisbury, NC 28144
(704)639-3000 1.8 K-5 385
- Salisbury Koontz Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 493 students
685 East Ritchie Rd
Salisbury, NC 28146
(704)216-0273 2.5 K-5 493
- Salisbury Isenberg Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 373 students
2800 Jake Alexander Blvd N
Salisbury, NC 28147
(704)639-3009 2.9 PK-5 373
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.