San Joaquin Elementary School
San Joaquin Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- San Joaquin Elementary School's student population of 717 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||717 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- San Joaquin Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#9167 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Golden Plains Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Helm Rio Del Rey High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 4 students
13883 Lassen Ave
Helm, CA 93627
(559) 866-5683 0.0 9-12 4
- San Joaquin Tranquillity Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 211 students
6116 S. Daniels
San Joaquin, CA 93660
(559) 698-5517 4.4 K-8 211
- San Joaquin Helm Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 90 students
13883 S. Lassen Ave.
San Joaquin, CA 93660
(559) 866-5683 7.2 K-8 90
- Kerman Liberty Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 624 students
16001 E St.
Kerman, CA 93630
(559) 843-9300 10.0 K-6 624
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.