Tranquillity Elementary School
Tranquillity Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Tranquillity Elementary School's student population of 237 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tranquillity Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9327 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Golden Plains Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tranquillity Rio Del Rey High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 8 students
Tranquillity, CA 93668
(559)698-7205 4.4 9-12 8
- San Joaquin San Joaquin Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 757 students
8535 S. Ninth
San Joaquin, CA 93660
(559)693-4321 4.4 K-8 757
- Mendota Mccabe Elementary School Grades: 2-6 | 825 students
250 S. Derrick St.
Mendota, CA 93640
(559)655-4262 9.0 2-6 825
- Mendota Mendota High School Grades: 9-12 | 867 students
1200 Belmont Ave.
Mendota, CA 93640
(559)655-1993 10.0 9-12 867
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.