Cressey Elementary School
Cressey Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Cressey Elementary School's student population of 106 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cressey Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 8,459 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-13 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (12-13)||#3784 out of 8459 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ballico-Cressey Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Cressey Elementary School is Floyd A. Schelby (2.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Merced Floyd A. Schelby Grades: K-12 | 63 students
6738 N. Sultana Dr.
Merced, CA 95341
(209)394-1800 2.6 K-12 63
- Ballico Ballico Elementary School Grades: 3-8 | 261 students
11818 W. Gregg St.
Ballico, CA 95303
(209)394-9400 3.0 3-8 261
- Winton Sybil N. Crookham Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 381 students
7160 W. Walnut Ave.
Winton, CA 95388
(209)357-6182 3.5 K-5 381
- Livingston Yamato Colony Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 563 students
800 N. Main St.
Livingston, CA 95334
(209)394-5470 3.5 K-5 563
- Winton Winton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 651 students
6300 N. Cypress Ave.
Winton, CA 95388
(209)357-6189 3.7 6-8 651
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.