School For Classics: An Academy-twp
School For Classics: An Academy-twp places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- School For Classics: An Academy-twp's student population of 298 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- School For Classics: An Academy-twp's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#837 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #19 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to School For Classics: An Academy-twp is Transit Technical Career And Technical Education High School (0.5 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Invictus Preparatory Charter School (0.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Invictus Preparatory Charter School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Invictus Preparatory Charter School Grades: 5-8 | 266 students
370 Fountain Ave-3rd Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11208
(718)235-1682 0.0 5-8 266
- Brooklyn Achievement First Aspire Charter School Grades: K-4 | 439 students
982 Hegeman Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11208
(347)838-0205 0.3 K-4 439
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.