School For Legal Studies
- School For Legal Studies's student population of 418 students has declined by 29% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- School For Legal Studies's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#701 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #14 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Progress High School For Professional Careers Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
850 Grand St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)387-0228 0.0 9-12 869
- Brooklyn P.S. 196 Ten Eyck Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
207 Bushwick Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11206
(718)497-0139 0.2 PK-5 368
- Brooklyn Green School: An Academy For Environmental Careers Grades: 9-12 | 241 students
223 Graham Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11206
(718)599-1207 0.3 9-12 241
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.